iSTAY is here to help!
Please find the FAQs and let us know if you need anything else.
Feel free to suggest more questions. All the recommendations are more than welcome and even if we do not reply directly, everything is taken seriously under consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I create an account?
- If you want to become a member of iSTAY family, go to istay.com.cy and click REGISTER.
- You can register using your email address, Facebook account or Google account.
- Registering and creating an iSTAY account is free.
How do I add my listing property?
- Navigate to your member are on the top right corner and click your username
- From the dropdown list menu choose the “Add Listing” option”
- You can list as many properties as you want for free.
What should I do if someone asks me to pay outside of the iSTAY website?
- Never do it! and inform us. iSTAY will never ask you to make any payment outside our site.
- We never ask for payments through emails, or through third-party broker.
- Local Tax might be charged and paid to your host. If this is asked, then the payment should be made through iSTAY, and in many cases this will be included in the cost of the reservation.
- If by any chance you paid a reservation outside iSTAY, it may be a fraud. Contact iSTAY to get help.
Note: Any reservations not made through iSTAY, violate our Terms of Service. If we realise that a reservation payment was made outside iSTAY, we might cancel the reservation and deactivate the accounts of both parties.
- If you receive any email from anyone asking you to pay or accept payments outside the site, Contact iSTAY.
Why should I pay and communicate through iSTAY directly?
- You are protected under our Terms of Service and other safeguards. It becomes much more convenient to find important reservation information details like a listing address, your itinerary, check-in details, and other useful information.
- iSTAY can’t provide any benefits if the reservation is not booked and paid directly from iSTAY website.
- Communicating and especially paying outside iSTAY makes it very difficult to protect your personal information and at the same time maximizes the risk of fraud and other security issues.
Who decides on the price determined for my reservation?
- Several factors are used to determine the price. The price is fully charged once the reservation request is accepted by the host, or if user used the Instant Book.
- Hosts determine:
- Nightly Price: Hosts decide on the nightly price of their properties.
- Cleaning Fee: Hosts might decide for a cleaning fee to be charged for your stay. This is a cost charged to cover the cost of cleaning their property after your stay.
- Extra Guest Fee: Hosts might charge extra fees for extra guests. This is a cost to cover other costs related to the use of their property.
- iSTAY determines:
- iSTAY Service Fee:
- No extra cost for Guests
- €1 per night per reservation for Hosts. This is a cost to help iSTAY run smoothly.
- Other possible costs:
- Current Exchange Fee
- Value Added Tax
- This is a tax charged to Guests from European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, South Africa and Japan (JCT).
- Bank Transfer Fee
- Local Taxes
- This might be charged based on the location of the property.
- iSTAY Service Fee:
What is the time-period for a host to respond to a reservation request?
- 24 hours is the time-period for hosts to respond to a reservation request, either to accept or decline it.
- Users will be informed via email for the updates and the status of the request.
- Most of the hosts will respond much quicker than that.
- If the host accepts the reservation request, the payment is processed and iSTAY collects the payment in full.
- If the host declines the reservation request, the payment is not processed. The same occurs when the request expires. (after the 24 hours)
What happens if a reservation request is declined or expires?
- If your reservation request is declined or expires, meaning that the host declines your request, or the host does not respond within the 24 hours period, no payment is processed by iSTAY.
- Once you are informed that this is the case, you are free to book another property or send another reservation request.
- iSTAY always recommends up-to-date calendars and respond to reservation request as soon as possible, but sometimes this might not be possible.
- So, iSTAY suggests to the users to contact several hosts prior booking or sending a reservation request, to ask about the availability and any other relevant questions they might have.